LLB, BCom 1977
Barrister and Solicitor, New Zealand
“David was a partner in Fortune Manning for over 30 years in its commercial and property department. David became a consultant in May 2016.”
• The first area is concerned with business acquisitions and disposals (both assets and shares), mergers and due diligence associated with those transactions.
• In addition David acts for multinationals in respect of their operations in New Zealand, including their business acquisitions, disposals, Overseas Investment Office approvals and Commerce Commission aspects.
• The second principal area of David’s practice is that of commercial property purchases, sales and development including subdivisions, apartments and multi-level developments.
• Often associated with such transactions are financing arrangements and the legal structuring of such developments.
• Also included in this area, David has extensive experience in relation to securities and financing acting for both lenders and borrowers.
• The third principal area of David’s practice is:
• General contractual work for commercial enterprises including leasing
• Licensing, franchising, distribution arrangements, trademarking, foreign investment
• And acting for New Zealand companies and multi-nationals in respect of their New Zealand operations.
• Manson TCLM’s developments in Auckland over many years
• Regency Duty Free’s tender to be the sole concession duty free provider at Auckland International Airport
• Regency Duty Free’s tender to be one of the dual concession duty free providers at Auckland International Airport
• Advice to Regency Duty Free in respect of the Commerce Commission applications and enquires
• Sale of Regency Duty Free to James Richardson
• Acting as ASB Bank Limited’s solicitor in respect of preparation and drafting of loan and securities documentation
• Acting for an international building component manufacturer for its acquisition intentions in New Zealand