BA/LLB (Hons) 1993
Barrister and Solicitor, New Zealand
Auckland District Law Society
New Zealand Law Society
- Pre-nuptial and Relationship Property Agreements
- Separation agreements
- Divorce/dissolution of marriage
- Advising on all aspects of separation, divorce and property settlements
- Claims on estates
- Contesting Wills
- Family protection and testamentary promises claims
- Trust disputes
- Employment agreements
- Personal grievances
- Legislative compliance
All forms of commercial litigation including contract and negligence cases
All aspects of transport law including:
- drafting freight and distribution contracts and driver contracts;
- contract disputes;
- carriers liability;
- terms of trade.
Cathy has been with Fortune Manning since 1993, becoming a partner to the litigation team in 2001. She specialises in the following five areas of law at Fortune Manning:
- Relationship property: Relationship Property agreements – Pre-Nuptial, Contracting out and Separation Agreements; divorce/dissolution of marriage; advising on all aspects of separation and property settlements.
- Trust and Estate disputes: challenging Wills; Family Protection Act and Testamentary Promises claims; Trustee liability; Trust litigation.
- Employment: Employment Agreements; personal grievances; restructuring; redundancy; legislative compliance.
- Commercial litigation: contract disputes and negligence.
- Transport: all aspects of transport law including drafting freight and distribution contracts and driver contracts; contract disputes; carriers liability; terms of trade.