BA/LLB (Hons) 1993
Barrister and Solicitor, New Zealand
Chartered Institute of Transport
Human Resources Institute of New Zealand
Auckland District Law Society
New Zealand Law Society
- Pre-nuptial and relationship agreements
- Separation agreements
- Divorce/dissolution of marriage
- Advising on all aspects of separation, divorce and property settlements
- Claims on estates
- Contesting Wills
- Family protection and testamentary promises claims
- Trust disputes
- Employment and contracting agreements
- Personal grievances
- Legislative compliance
All forms of commercial litigation including contract and negligence cases
All aspects of transport law including freight and distribution contracts, owner driver disputes and defence of prosecutions/infringements
Cathy has been with Fortune Manning since 1993, becoming a partner to the litigation team in 2001. She specialises in the following five areas of law at Fortune Manning:
- relationship property: pre-nuptial and relationship agreements, separation agreements, divorce/dissolution of marriage, advising on all aspects of separation, divorce and property settlements.
- Trust and estate disputes: challenging Wills including testamentary capacity claims and claims under the Family Protection Act and the Law Reform (Testamentary Promises) Act, disputes between trustees and beneficiaries, challenging trustee decisions and trustee liability issues.
- Employment: agreements, personal grievances, restructuring, redundancy, legislative compliance.
- Commercial Litigation: all forms of commercial litigation including contract and negligence cases.
- Transport: all aspects of transport law including freight and distribution contracts, owner driver disputes and defence of prosecutions/infringements.