LLB (VUW) 1992
Barrister and Solicitor, New Zealand
New Zealand Law Society
Auckland District Law Society
Property Law Section (NZLS)
- Residential conveyancing including property developments and subdivisions
- Advising on acquisitions by foreign clients in New Zealand
- Financing and securities including cross border transactions
- Advising project managers
- Commercial conveyancing including advising on commercial property developments
- Advising on sale and purchase of businesses
- Advising landlords and tenants on commercial leases
- Conducting due diligence on business and property acquisitions
- Formation of company and drafting shareholders agreements
- Commercial and trading agreements between local and overseas entities
- Advising on asset protection and estate planning
- Advising on formation of family trusts, trading trusts and charitable trusts
- Advising on disposition of assets by gift and other means
- Legal adviser to NZ Training Centre
- Past and present trustee of and adviser to various charitable entities and voluntary organisations
Diong is an experienced commercial and property lawyer with extensive experience in all types of business related matters, commercial and residential property transactions.
He acts for a wide range of clients including large nationwide businesses, property developers and investors.
Diong also has a large Asian client base, both local and overseas, whom he has looked after for many years and hence has a good understanding of the subtle differences in dealing with different cultures.
When he has time, Diong enjoys travelling to new destinations, looking at interesting architecture and hunting out good food